How many of us have sweaters in our closet that we don’t wear for some of the following reasons?
- I don’t like anymore
- It’s beautiful but outdated
- Too small, I gained weight; too big, I lost weight
- I never actually liked it with anything I tried it on with when I got it home, but never returned it?
- Can’t take it to resale, a little too old
- I just couldn’t throw it away!
- It has holes in it, or a tear in it
- It cost too much to just give away
- I made it and it doesn’t fit right
- It was made for me, and never fit right or didn’t like the way it looked…………
If so, then this is the class for you!
Transform an old sweater or vest into a fantastic, whimsical garment. This class will take you and an old sweater to new heights! Let your imagination soar with Barbara guiding you to re-create, reinvent, redesign, re-fashion and repurpose a sweater that doesn’t “do it for you anymore.” It can be a handmade sweater, a store bought, or an old felted jacket, or vest. You will leave the class with a completely new garment that you have designed. Details of what materials are needed to bring with you are detailed below. Sewing machines, sergers will be onsite to work with, as well as needle felting machines. To see more of the sweaters and accessories that Barbara has created, see https://www.etsy.com/shop/amberstudios. and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amber-studios/544082175614681?ref=hl .Students must have hand and machine sewing skills.This class is designed for adults.
Registration required, class size limited to 15.
Students should bring to class:
- A few unloved washed wool or cashmere sweaters. Preferably one bigger size.
- Hand sewing needles. Assorted sizes (medium and large eye).
- Threads and yarns to match your chosen sweater that you intend to redesign.
Materials Fee: Optional: Kits will be available for the advanced seamstress and needle felters who would like to push limits embellishing their sweater. The cost of the various kits that Barbara will have available for purchase are:
- Recycled sweater ( pre washed)- $12.00
- Needle felting kit (wool rovings, novelty yarns, metallic thread, silk flowers)- $10.00
- Embellishing kit ( lace, appliques, pompoms trim, soutashe, buttons, silk, metallic findings)- $19.00
These are available in class and may be purchased from instructor if desired.
Homework: Wash all sweaters.
You must purchase an admission ticket to attend a class.
*There is a $3.00 handling fee for your total PayPal transaction which will be automatically added at checkout. Your receipt from paypal will be your confirmation of registration.