Learn the basics of small book construction with simple non-adhesive techniques. We’ll make a 3-hole pamphlet stitch, Japanese stab binding, accordion fold book with wrapped cover, and a 3-D diorama. Students need to be able to read a ruler to 1/16″ increments, wield a sharp craft knife and thread a needle. This class is intended for an older child, over 16, and adults. Registration required, class size limited to 18.
Please bring with you to class:
- Craft knife, with brand new #11 blades
- Mechanical pencil
- Bone folder
- 12′”metal ruler
- Cutting mat about 12 x 16″ to 16 x 20″ (or a sturdy tablet backing can work)
- Aileen’s tacky glue (or Elmer’s)
- A few markers, colored pencils, crayons, and/or rubber stamps for a little surface decoration
- Scissors, (decorative or traditional)
Homework: Be sure that your name is on your items that you bring to class, many students supplies look the same
Materials Fee: $20.00, payable to the instructor in class, for pre-cut paper, waxed linen sewing thread, needles, ribbons, book boards, and decorative paste paper for book covers. Students will also take home descriptive handouts for reference.
You must purchase an admission ticket to attend a class.
*There is a $3.00 handling fee for your total PayPal transaction which will be automatically added at checkout. Your receipt from paypal will be your confirmation of registration.