The Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival and The Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival are merging into one Festival. Next year, in 2016, the festivals will be held at the David Lawrence Convention Center’s Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom in order to accommodate our growth and to fully embrace all forms of fiber art, including knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning, needle felting, wet felting, embroidery, rug hooking, basketry, quilting, surface design, papercrafts, scrapbooking, beading and jewelry making, pottery, glasswork, artisans, and more creative arts!
The merger brings many opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors as well as for attendees.
Recycled materials, felting techniques, sewing, knitting, weaving, crocheting edges, incorporating various materials and fusing fibers and fabrics to create innovative surface designs and to make wearables, are all an expanding field and the festival will grow to accommodate the ever changing field of the Creative and Fiber Arts.
We will continue to uphold a high standard with our selection of classes and teachers as well as with the acceptance of vendors, exhibitors and demos. It will be an exciting process, learning new techniques and exploring various ways to expand creativity.
New for next year:
- A Craft Bar (featuring various rotating Make it and Take it mini classes)
- Over 90 classes, Trunk shows, booksignings and more.
- Over 135 booths carrying supplies and finished products to support every art you can imagine: yarns, fibers, fabrics, threads, beads, papers, patterns, kits and more.
- Onsite Demos with Make it Take it opportunities to feature new products
- A Magical Mystery Spin
- A GIANT PLAY SPACE, equipped with all of the machines and tools needed to fuse fibers and fabrics, experiment and CREATE! Play with Sewing machines, embroidery machines, embellishers, needle felting tools and machines, FeltLOOMs, Long Arm Qulilting machines, supplies and more!
- PJ Party with StevenBe with a special surprise.
For more information, please contact us at 412.963.7030 or email email@example.com.